I just spent two days giggling with the most fabulous women! I have 11 new friends. Each is a Market Manager for a new program Sam’s Club is doing in a dozen cities across the country. I am looking forward to overseeing the Denver events primarily because it is products and concept that I believe in. I know I will benefit from them and you can too – for FREE!

It’s called Sam’s Club Cooking Club. If you are a member of Sam’s, you’re a member of the club. If you’re not a member at Sam’s, everything is still available to you at no charge on their website. Everyone is welcome to participate and benefit from the value.

The concept is simple. Shop once and cook once with 2 of your girlfriends and each of you will go home with 7 meals for a family of four all for about $100 per family.

If you had to choose, which would you rather save, time or money? Fortunately, you don’t have to decide. If you follow this simple program, you will automatically save both! The savings add up when you buy in bulk. Each serving includes a main dish as well as a side for about $3 per person. Try taking your family of 4 out to dinner for $12 and see what you get for your money - probably not the quality or quantity that you will find here. Savings will also add up when avoid the temptation of ordering in or dining out on those nights when you just can’t bring yourself to do menu planning and preparation. Just grab something from the freezer and pop into the oven or on the grill. Or better yet, have your husband do it!

The program is so simple. Just go to the website and select the meals that sound good to you. Then just pull up the shopping list, eliminate what you already have on hand, and print out your shopping list. While you’re online, print out the recipes, package labels and cooking instructions as well.

Having these meals ready to go in your fridge or freezer will absolutely simplify my life! I have a bad habit of forgetting that I have to provide a meal for my family each might. I usually remember around 2 in the afternoon that I don’t have anything thawed out and have absolutely no plan in my head to follow. Sometimes dinner is cereal and bananas. I’m not kidding. I’m looking forward to making it a part of my evening routine to thaw something out in the fridge overnight and not having a panic attack each afternoon. I also love the idea of having meals on the ready for anyone having a baby, a surgery or a horrible day. My parents just bought a motor home with a lovely freezer/fridge which I plan to stock with Sam’s Club cooking Club meals when it’s my turn to take a road trip with my hubby in kids. I also think this is a wonderful way to stock an elderly couple’s fridge or shut in fridge so you can be certain that they always have quick, easy, nutritious meals on the ready.

I hope you will visit me at a Sam’s Club (Arvada: 7/23-26, Park Meadows: 7/30-8/2, Thornton: 8/6-9, and Stapleton: 8/13-16) when I’m whipping up meals to sample and I hope you'll keep an eye out for me on local morning shows. I should be all over the Denver media in the next month. Promos will also be in the following Sam’s Club cities: Charlotte (Yolanda), Orlando (Kate), Ft. Lauderdale (Jackie), Houston (Brenda), Atlanta (Syvenn), Dallas (Lisa), Austin (Shamako), LA (Sarah), Chicago (Denise), Sacramento (Monica), and Richmond (Toymeeka). If you stop by, give my new friend there a hug and tell them Karen sent you!

2 Responses
  1. Joanna Says:

    I posted this earlier, but it disappeared. So, here I go again - Congrats! on the new job Karen! It sounds like you will have a great time with it.


  2. Thanks! Maybe we can cook together sometime!


Post a Comment

I value your comments! Please share your tips & techniques, questions & concerns...